#BackTogether – We are proud to play a role in the vaccination of our communities! Our teams, retailers and communities’ wellbeing are a top priority. To better support the vaccination campaigns, a number of our shopping centres have quickly opened vaccination sites with local authorities. The centres by their nature are ideally placed to support these efforts, and strategic locations are chosen to increase convenience and visibility to also encourage vaccination.
Some of the initiatives implemented in our shopping centres:
- At Westfield Chodov in Prague, the first vaccination centre in a Czech commercial space was also the first in the country to offer vaccination without an appointment necessary. It was inaugurated on July 12 in the presence of Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babiš, Minister of Healthcare Adam Vojtěch and COO Central Europe URW Arnaud Burlin. The Government also organized a lottery, so if you get vaccinated at Westfield Chodov, you can win an iPhone or a pair of sneakers!
- Between them, the two live vaccination centres at Westfield Stratford City in London - Vaccine Centre Westfield Stratford City opened on January 25 and Vaccine Centre The Street opened on June 26 - have the capacity to deliver 5,000 vaccines a day and so far, they administered almost 100,000 jabs.
- Barcelona’s La Maquinista was one of the first private entities in Spain to host a Covid-19 vaccination site, in partnership with the Catalan Department of Health. With an average of 2,000 vaccines a day, the centre has to date administrated around 68,500 vaccines. The site is open until October.
- In Germany, pop-up sites and vaccination buses in 9 of our shopping centres – namely Gropius Passagen in Berlin, Pasing Arcaden and Riem Arcaden in Munich, Centro in Oberhausen, Minto in Mönchengladbach, Düsseldorf Arcaden, Breuningerland Ludwigsburg, Breuningerland Sindelfingen, Ruhr Park in Bochum - have administrated close to 12,000 vaccines so far, and 900 were administrated in Austria at Shopping City Süd in Vienna.
- URW’s U.S. centres’ have hosted pop up events across the country including at Westfield Garden State Plaza in partnership with the State of New Jersey, at Westfield Galleria at Roseville and at Westfield Wheaton in Maryland where the team hosted an event specifically providing Spanish-language accessibility in partnership with Clincia Proyecto Salud, a local community group.In Los Angeles, the site of the URW’s U.S. headquarters, the company will host an upcoming event at Westfield Century City with the local city health department.